I’m going to explain how to update the OSVVM library in Riviera-PRO
Aldec Rivera-PRO is supplied with the Open Source VHDL Verification Methodology (OSVVM) library pre-installed. At version 2020.04 the library is at version 2018.04. As OSVVM is currently updated more often than Rivera-PRO however, the current released version of OSVVM and the version supplied in the Rivera-PRO installation do diverge. At the time of writing, for example, OSVVM Version 2020.05 has just been released. Updating the OSVVM library in Riviera-PRO is simple if you follow these basic instructions:
1. Go to the OSVVM Repository on GitHub https://github.com/OSVVM/OSVVM
2. Download the zip file from the repository
3. Uncompressed the zip file
4. In a DOS command window go to the folder that the OSVVM library was extracted into, then launch Riviera-PRO in console mode by entering the following command:
Riviera-PRO will respond with the following:
# Aldec, Inc. Riviera-PRO version 2020.04.130.7729 built for Windows64 on June 10, 2020.
# HDL, SystemC, and Assertions simulator, debugger, and design environment.
# (c) 1999-2020 Aldec, Inc. All rights reserved.
5. At the > prompt enter the following commands:
1. setlibrarymode -rw osvvm
2. source ./osvvm.tcl
3. setlibrarymode -ro osvvm
Following these instructions will set the permission on the installed OSVVM library to Read/Write and then run the supplied library compile script. Once this is finished the library is set back to Read-Only mode and console mode is exited.
It should be noted that these instructions will overwrite the current OSVVM library. If you need to maintain access to the earlier version of OSVVM, please make a copy of the library before running step 4 above.